Program Outcomes Program Specific Outcomes And Course Outcomes For BHMS Program
GONDIA HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, GONDIA
BHMS 3rd year
- Diagnose common surgical conditions
- Institute homoeopathic medical treatment wherever possible
- Identify all common surgical disorders, Conduct necessary clinical examination to arrive at a general surgical diagnosis and confirm them with various investigative modes and its surgical management.
- Interact with patient and his/her attendants to record the surgical case.
- Identify general, proper systemic and allied systemic surgical conditions which can be managed with homoeopathy for curative/ palliative outcomes
- Identify general surgical conditions, proper systemic and allied systemic surgical conditions which have to be referred for surgical interventions.
- Organize pre and post-operative homoeopathic medicine care as total and partial responsibility but with the consent of a surgeon.
- Scope and limitations of Homoeopathy in all surgical disorders.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
After completing the course of Obstetrics and Gynecology in third BHMS the student will be able to
- Grasp upon the normal structure & function of female reproductive system.
- Provide a holistic care for a healthy pregnancy, safe delivery and motherhood.
- Describe gynecological and obstetrical problems and explain their Homoeopathic therapeutic solutions.
- Conduct necessary gynecological and obstetrical examinations and appropriate referrals for complicated cases.
- Elicit the basic difference between a healthy new born infant and diseases of the new born and congenital abnormalities if any.
- Care of the new born following delivery and will educate the mother regarding the importance of breast feeding and care of the baby.
- Educate infertile couple and will motivate other couples to implement family planning measures who have completed their families.
- Have a baseline hold upon miasmatic approach and homoeopathic application of medicines in various gynecological, obstetrical and neonatal cases.
- During antenatal checkup, they will be able to advice the mother about high-risk pregnancy and its complications and make an appropriate referrals if required, also will have a good communication with the mother to remove her fear and false notions about pregnancy.
Homoeopathic Materia Medica
The 3rd BHMS (2015) syllabus should emphasize on clinical application of homoeopathic Materia Medica with reference to II BHMS - III BHMS Syllabus including general Materia Medica and study of drugs.
- To understand the Concept of Nosodes-Definition of nosodes, types of nosodes, general indications of Nosodes, Concepts of Constitution, temperaments and diathesis.
- Concepts of constitution, temperament and diathesis.
- Identify the utility of Mother Tincture in clinical practice.
- To understand the Hahnemann’s Prefaces & Introduction to Organon of Medicine including foot notes (5th & 6th Editions translated by R.E. Dudgeon & W. Boericke)
- To understand and judicially apply the drug knowledge to disease knowledge to achieve Homoeopathic cure in natural diseases.
- To understand and describe the concepts and rule involved in drug proving, idiosyncrasy, individualization, homoeopathic aggravation and palliation in difficult/incurable cases as per the Philosophy by J.T. Kent
- To understand and describe the concepts of susceptibility, immunity, reaction, potentization, and information on drug potential as per Stuart Close
- To understand why and how our remedies act, from where the law of cure is derived, know the dynamic action of drug, understand logic behind selection of dose, how to make second prescription, role of susceptibility in life, health and disease, suppression, palliation, use of local application and obstacles to cure as per H.A. Roberts