Program Outcomes Program Specific Outcomes And Course Outcomes For BHMS Program
GONDIA HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, GONDIA
BHMS Final year
Practice of Medicine
- Correlate the disease condition with basics of Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Pathology.
- Describe the causation, manifestation, diagnosis, prognosis and management of various diseases.
- Student should able to understand the man in respect of health, disposition, diathesis, disease and to know various predisposing, precipitating causes of illness.
- To know various diagnostic techniques, viz. X- ray, USG, ECG, and laboratory investigations.
- Apply the knowledge of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Homoeopathic therapeutics in the clinical way.
- National health problems of rural as well as urban areas with a scope of Homeopath in National Programme.
- Know the importance of preventive medicine and the measures for the promotion of positive health.
- Able to describe principles and method of epidemiology, biostatistics, demography and family planning.
- Know social causes of disease, and social problems of the sick, relation of economic factors and environment in health and disease.
- Understand the concept of health, disease, cure and prevention as evolved by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann with Hahnemann concept of Genus Epidemics in controlling of Epidemics, Vaccinosis and Homoeopathic Prophylaxis.
- Describe Definition; Need; Scope & Limitations of repertory.
- Write the classification and construction of different repertories.
- Gradation of Symptoms by different authors, Methods and techniques of Repertorisation. Steps of Repertorisation, Terms & Language of repertories (Rubrics), Cross references in other Repertories and Materia Medica, Conversion of symptoms into Rubrics and Repertorisation using different repertories.
- To correlate repertory and its relation with Organon of Medicine and Materia Medica.
Organon of medicine
- Student should know the journey of medicine since prehistoric era to present day.
- To know the theory of chronic diseases and identify miasm in disease and cure.
- To apply the various concepts of Homoeopathy in clinical practice.
Homoeopathic Materia Medica
- Understand the specificity of construction of HMM and to compare it with other systems of medicine.
- The nature of HMM through the action of drug on the individual.
- Study the construction of HMM with reference to arrangement of symptoms of the drug.
- Study the essential and complete action of the drug through understanding of the process of Homoeopathic drug proving.
- To study the process of drug proving and Homoeopathic Materia Medica so as to understand the psychodynamics and evolution of symptomatology.
- Study of individual drugs from synthetic, analytic and comparative point of view which would enable student for accurate homoeopathic prescription.
- Teaching of Materia Medica with perspective of day to day clinical management of the patient.
- From this point of view, the syllabus should be planned in such a way so as to cover the most commonly used drugs in the initial teaching schedule which enables the student to proceed with his clinical work.
- Every drug should be taught so as to elicit its complete evolution right from its sphere of action to the remedy relationship.
- To study the rarely used remedies with emphasis on their most salient features and symptoms.
- Tutorials should be designed to accommodate few students in a group so as to provide accurate clinical training with its application to HMM in the management of sick.
- Teaching should be made to recall HMM, so that indication for drugs in a clinical condition can be easily elicited from the provings of the drug concerned.
- While teaching HMM emphasis should be given to apply the resources of the vast Materia Medica in any sickness and not limit the student to memorize a few drugs for a particular disease.
- Materia Medica should be taught in such a way that the Hahnemannian approach in clinical application of HMM is easily understood.
- Application of HMM should be demonstrated from case records both indoor and outdoor.
- Lectures on comparative and therapeutic Materia Medica as well as tutorials - should be integrated with lectures on clinical medicine (Medicine, Surgery, Gynecology)
- It is essential that at the end of this course each student should gain basic and sufficient knowledge of How to study HMM and to achieve this objective, basic and general topics of HMM should be taught in details during this curriculum.
- The medicine should be taught under the following headings namely:
- Common name, Family, Habitat, Parts used, Preparation, Constituents (of source material)
- Proving data
- Sphere of Action
- Symptomatology of the medicine emphasizing the characteristic symptoms (mental, physical, generals and particulars including sensations, modalities and concomitants) and constitution.
- Comparative study of medicines.
- Therapeutic application (Applied Materia Medica)